Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

Three Pizza Poems

by the Editorial Staff of Uncanny Valley Magazine

Holy Trinity (Cheese, Crust, Sauce)

by Chris Alarie

I suspect that God
created Pizza
so that there'd be one
thing in this sad world
incapable of
disappointing us

A bone thrown our way
A sole island in
life's wretched ocean
Free of consequence
A lower limit
afforded to all

Given the choice
between pizza
and any of life's
eventual disappointments
a person whose
soul is intact
would choose pizza
every time


No Subject
by Douglas Slayton

I am at the bottom
and can't see up

I am standing still
and can't find the next step

I can't taste it anymore
but I am sitting in the dark
swallowing as fast as I can

if I fill it fast it can't keep growing


Pizza

by Alexis Faulkner

grease
slices soaked in all types of extra sauces and maybe olives 
pepperoni mushroom anchovy
tropical hambits and piƱa with your more 
adventure-driven buddies
grease again and 
extra cheese
sprinkled with cheese dust on top 
also garlic pesto basil 
thanks to Chicago and Brooklyn 
Blondies, Tony's and Little Star
I have too many people to thank
I'm running out of time 
I love you, earth pizza


I love you


Alexis Faulkner is Executive Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine. 
Chris Alarie is Senior Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine.
Doug Slayton is Professor Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment