Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Two Gospel Poems

Waiting in the Bushes
by Douglas Slayton

with resounding call
the voices ring and shake through
colored glass

it is nothing real
nothing concrete

it sits in my chest like a song
that floats about the pews
caught up in hair and hands
out the door

it will never stay
but reach out for it
anyways

Leaving Something Out
by Alexis Faulkner

Hello dreadful throne giver
Stepping down majestically (sarcasm)
Leaving to take over another operation
The Word as gospel
Hello listener (sarcasm again)
Waving hands around, spreading germs across all surfaces
Words flew
Flying words
Anger
My color check in: Red
Holding everyone under rule in a circle
Sure, it's a strong shape, or is that the triangle
I wouldn't have asked you because I wouldn't have been able to patiently listen
To your response, trust answers, not turn back to red
Temperature reading an unsurprising hot
Why now
This is all really vague
This is about work
I remember the white tiles upon first step
I clomped on them and eventually wore white shit on my jeans
Where my knees touched the floor
The snow I'm so excited for it to get cold again
Sing a song
Twirling in the flakes falling from the sky
The white flakes I love them
The sky The sky is bigger in some states
You know big sky country? Wow, what a beautiful thing about an unpopulated area
Back to the patch of ice I slipped over to work I sang the song
The song sang at me the reverb
It was a pattern or resistance and then a pattern of feed back and then back to observing the reverb
The very thing is about church it's so dramatic
The very thing about snow
It's so beautiful


Alexis Faulkner is Unicorn Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine. 
Doug Slayton is Professor Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment