Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Four Nights of Dreaming

by Nicole McKeon

I

I am                 youth incarnate
a young boy
            full of blood
I am
running away from home
            (or)
I am
jumping on the train

stowaway daydreams
my younger brother
            tries to follow
his small palms are slippery
            with sweat
he falls back on the tracks
hard
he is not moving
I do not move

II

Our shiny badges proclaim
three letters
we are looking for
a missing child
a dead child

we are in the home of a
            too tall woman

her eyes are shifty
and she is holding a knife
but we have guns
and we are not afraid

            she has all these doors
                        that won't open

III

Zach Galifianakis
is debuting a new
flavor of Skittles
they are marbles
of blue and purple

there is a party but
no one has tried them
yet, they might be glass


IV

I am walking to the park
there is a vending
machine
selling rare chips
and beer

I am tied between
margarine and Armani
when I remember
I don't have any coins

and I go into the park
where some kids bully me
for not being good
at the monkey bars




 Nicole McKeon is forever a student. She currently lives on the top of a hill with her partner and dog. She can be found playing video games when she’s supposed to be writing poems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment