Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

Three Cola Poems




by the Editorial Staff of Uncanny Valley Magazine


Salt , Sweet.
by Douglas Slayton

When I have had too much
I can't sleep. Shifting endlessly
through the night

but it fills me
until I sink again.

There is a bubble
moving with my blood.
Always expecting the worst
but left waiting.

I have had too much, again,
and think that if energy
can't be created or destroyed
all I should feel is infinity
inside of me


I'm a Motherfucking Champion & Nothing Can Stop Me
by Chris Alarie

Too high
to die

Winners never
Drink Pepsi

Coke
by Alexis Faulkner

Walk into the center of the city
Stop to stare at the unforgiving mass
Of people huddled around the taxis and the chocolate shop and all of the pixels
Daydream about when coming to
TIMES SQUARE was electric
Feel your first gulp of homesickness in weeks
When you see the cola sign
Think about the bay bridge
Grab a slice
Catch a train home


Alexis Faulkner is Executive Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine. 
Chris Alarie is Senior Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine.
Doug Slayton is Professor Editor-in-Chief of Uncanny Valley Magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment